What is Adobe Reader?
Adobe Reader is a free software that allows PDF files to be viewed online.
Many library databases require this piece of software in order to access full text in PDF format.
Download Adobe Reader
Download the latest version of Adobe Reader now:Download Now
Some eBook platforms, such as EBSCO eBook Collection, requires an adjustment in settings in order to view from page to page within the browser.
If you are experiencing problems viewing pages properly, you may need to do the following:
1. Ensure that the latest version of Adobe Reader is downloaded and installed.
2. After launching Adobe Reader, go to "Edit" - "Preferences" - "Internet" (lefthand option)
3. Make sure that "Display PDF in Browser" is selected.
4. Click "OK"
5. You may need to try opening the document again to allow for the settings to take effect.
Reserves and Google Chrome
Some students are having difficulty with Reserve items when using Google Chrome browser to view pdfs. You may need to switch to another browser such as Safari, Explorer or Firefox to access Reserve items. You can also disable the Chrome pdf viewer by the following steps:
- In the address bar, type: chrome://plugins
- Click the "Details" link on the right side
- In the list of plugins, find: Chrome PDF Viewer
- Click: Disable