The VC/UHV Library subscribes to a resource called RefWorks - a web-based product is designed to help you manage your references and create bibliographies.
It is free of all current VC and UHV faculty, students and staff.
Click the link below for our research guide on using RefWorks.
- Last Updated May 11, 2012
This guide will teach you about the online bibliographic manager. It will help you organize your sources, create bibliographies and share your references with others.
33 views this year
This guide provides links to websites and handouts to help you format in-text citations and bibliographies in popular styles such as APA, MLA and Chicago.
- If you are unsure of which citation style to use, ask your instructor.
- As you research and gather sources, make sure you save all of your citation information (title, author, publisher, journal title, year of publication, etc.) so you have the information ready when it comes time to write your paper.
- The UHV Academic Center has a Quick Reference Guide for APA and MLA citation styles.
- Ask for help! Victoria College students can get assistance from the Tutoring Center in Johnson Hall room 106. University of Houston-Victoria students can make an appointment with the Academic Center for assistance.
The following resources are helpful for creating individual citations for a book, journal article, website and more. Electronic citation tools are not perfect and you should consult the appropiate citation manual to ensure accuracy.
BibMe - MLA 7th, APA 5th, Chicago 15th, Turabian 7th
EasyBib - MLA (free), APA (paid subscription required), Chicago/Turabian (paid subscription required)
Citation Builder - MLA 7th, Chicago 15th
Citation Machine - MLA 7th, APA 6th, Chicago, Turabian
NoodleBib - MLA, APA, Chicago/Turabian (paid subscription required)
Ask A Librarian
Our LibGuides can help you with:
- Citing Your Sources
- Writing a Paper
- Database Searching
- Finding Literary Criticism
Go to our LibGuides Home Page