iPads & iPhones
You will not be able to view downloaded items from eBook Collection on your iPad or iPhone.
Downloading an item from eBook Collection requires you to download Adobe Digital Editions which operates using Adobe Flash. You cannot download Adobe Flash to your iPhone or iPad.
Viewing Full Text in Your Browser
EBook Collection (EBSCOhost) may require an adjustment in settings in order to view from page to page within the browser.
If you are experiencing problems viewing pages properly, you may need to do the following:
1. Ensure that the latest version of Adobe Reader is downloaded and installed.
2. After launching Adobe Reader, go to "Edit" - "Preferences" - "Internet" (lefthand option)
3. Make sure that "Display PDF in Browser" is selected.
4. Click "OK"
5. You may need to try opening the document again to allow for the settings to take effect.
Download Adobe Digital Editions
Some of the books in our eBook Collection from EBSCO are available for download.
Before you are able to view the downloaded eBook, you must download Adobe Digital Editions to your computer. To avoid complications, please download Adobe Digital Editions before you download an item from eBook Collection.
Download the latest version of Adobe Digital Editions.
Sign Up for a My EBSCOhost Account
To download items from eBook Collection, you are required to sign up for a FREE My EBSCOhost account. To sign up for a My EBSCOhost account, please follow these steps:
- Click on the eBook Collection (EBSCO) link in a subject guide or the List of All Databases A-Z
- Click on the Sign In link on the right side of the blue bar at the top on the screen
- Click on the Create a new Account link above the grey bar
- Fill out the requested information on the page and click the Save Changes button at the bottom
- A screen will appear telling you your account has been created with your username. Click Continue.
- You will be directed to the eBook Collection (EBSCO) homepage. You can search for books by title, author, keyword or browse by category.
Some students are having difficulty with PDF documents when using Google Chrome browser. You may need to switch to another browser such as Safari, Explorer or Firefox to access PDF documents. You can also disable the Chrome pdf viewer under Options/Under the Hood/Content Settings/Plug-ins/Disable individual plug-ins
Ask A Librarian
Our LibGuides can help you with:
- Citing Your Sources
- Writing a Paper
- Database Searching
- Finding Literary Criticism
Go to our LibGuides Home Page