Email Alerts from Article Databases
You can set up email alerts to notify you when new material in your field is available through the VC/UHV Library databases. These alerts are based on past searches.
ProQuest: includes Accounting & Tax, Austin American Statesman, Los Angeles Times, New York Times, ProQuest Criminal Justice, ProQuest Dissertations, Wall Street Journal, and Washington Post.
- Choose a specific ProQuest database and click on the link to enter it.
- Click on the link "My Research" in the upper right corner.
- Click on the link "Create a My Research account" and fill out the form with your information.
- Click on the "Alerts" tab.
- Follow the ProQuest instructions to set up an alert.
Gale: includes Academic OneFile, Health Reference Center - Academic, and Infotrac Newsstand.
- Choose a specific Gale database and click on the link to enter it.
- Click on the link "Sign In" at the top of the page.
- Click on the link "New User" and fill out the form with your information.
- Conduct a search.
- On the search result page, click "Save this search" from the Tools box on the right.
- Enter a descriptive name for the search in the pop-up window.
- Put a check mark in the box "Create Search Alert".
- Select the frequency and format in which you want the system to check for new content based on your search criteria.
- Click "Save Search".
EBSCO: includes Academic Search Complete, Alternative Health Watch, Business Source Complete, CINAHL Plus with Full Text, Communication & Mass Media Complete, Computer Source, Consumer Health Complete, Economica y Negocios, Education Source, ERIC, Fuente Academica, Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition, Information Science & Technology Abstracts, Internet & Personal Computing Abstracts, Legal Collection, MAS Ultra, MedicLatina, Medline with Full Text, Military & Government Collection, Newspaper Source, Philosopher's Index, PsychARTICLES, PsychINFO, Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection, Regional Business News, Religion & Philosophy Collection, Research Starters - Business, Research Starters - Education, Science & Technology Collection, and Vocational & Career Collection.
- Choose a specific EBSCO database and click on the link to enter it.
- Click on the "Sign In" link at the top of the page.
- Click on the "Create a new Account" link and fill out the form with your information.
- Conduct a search.
- On the search result page, click "Alert/Save/Share" located above the first result.
- Click "E-mail Alert".
- Enter your email and change the General Settings if desired the click "Save Alert".
- Click on the link "ScienceDirect" in the A-Z List of All Databases.
- Click "Register" at the top of the page if you are not already registered otherwise click "Login".
- Click on "My alerts" in the navigation bar.
- This page will instruct you for setting up Search Alert or a Topic Alert.
- Click on the link "CQ Researcher" in the A-Z List of All Databases.
- Move your mouse over Your Profile and click "Log In".
- Click "Your Profile".
- Select "I want to create a new account".
- Enter a username and password then click "Proceed".
- Click "E-mail Alerts".
- Click "Create New Alert".
- Fill out the form and click "Save".
Ask A Librarian
Our LibGuides can help you with:
- Citing Your Sources
- Writing a Paper
- Database Searching
- Finding Literary Criticism
Go to our LibGuides Home Page