What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is an online research/citation management tool that allows you to collect, store, and manage information.
With RefWorks, you can:
- create your own database of references;
- export references from article databases and from the Web;
- generate in-text citations and bibliographies
Getting Started with RefWorks
- Click here to access RefWorks
- From the Library's Homepage http://vcuhvlibrary.uhv.edu/, click on RefWorks under "Quick Links" on the right side of the page.
Creating an Account: New users must first create an individual account in order to use RefWorks:
- After accessing RefWorks, you will come to the "Login to your RefWorks Account" page.
- Click on Sign up for an Individual Account
- Fill in all fields in the New User Information box
- Enter your email address in the E-mail Address field
- Click on Register
NOTE: A confirmation email will be sent to you with your user login, password, and the Group Access Code for off-campus or mobile access.
NOTE: Your pop-up blocker MUST be turned off for RefWorks to work properly.
Instruction and Outreach Librarian
Template for this guide used with written permission from Larissa Garcia, Lisle Campus, National-Louis University.