What Account Do I Use?
VC students use their Bansam email account to access the wireless network.
UHV Students use their UHV student computer account, which is set up for email, Blackboard, and computer lab access.
*Please note that the wireless network will not notify you if your account is expired or unactivated.
The wireless access is provided in the Library for use of Victoria College and University of Houston-Victoria students, staff, and faculty. There is no guest access at this time.
Access to the wireless network is available on all 4 floors of the library.
To connect to the wireless network, you will need:
- laptop computer or other mobile computing device
- Wireless network interface card (NIC), internal or external
- UHV or VC computer account
- Select "UHV" as the wireless network name in your network connection.
- Launch a web browser. If you are asked to accept a security certificate, click the Yes or Accept button to accept the certificate. This should take you to the UHV Wireless Access login page.
- Login using your UHV or VC computer account. Please note the instructions on the login page carefully.
Some support can be offered by Library staff. See the reference librarian. We may need to refer you to the appropriate tech support help desk.
Ask A Librarian
Our LibGuides can help you with:
- Citing Your Sources
- Writing a Paper
- Database Searching
- Finding Literary Criticism
Go to our LibGuides Home Page
Make sure that pop-ups are enabled. Some students have experienced problems accessing the wireless network due to not enabling pop-ups.