It is the mission of Victoria College/University of Houston-Victoria Library Instruction Program to serve the students, faculty and staff of the Victoria College and University of Houston-Victoria communities. Through face-to-face instruction, classroom, and online delivery, the Library Instruction Program fosters information literacy for all library users. Information literacy incorporates the ability to recognize the need for information then locate, evaluate and use information. By developing information literacy skills among library users, the Library Instruction Program will enable students to meet academic requirements, promote critical thinking and provide a foundation of lifelong learning.
- Create an environment where research and instruction can grow
- Establish an environment that promotes information literacy and lifelong learning
- Develop instruction programs that enable users to successfully complete assignments
- Enhance the learning environment on campus by providing face-to-face and online instruction for general library use and topic specific research
- Collaborate with other organizations on campus
- Work with faculty to ensure the instruction program meets their expectations and the needs of their students within their discipline
- Continuously access the instruction program to recognize and foster strengths and identify and improve weaknesses