State approved textbooks for kindergarten through 12th grade are provided to the library through an agreement with the Region III Education Service Center. Here is a link to the latest Texas state textbook adoption list by subject.
These textbooks are located in the Media Center on the second floor of the VC/UHV Library and are designated in our catalog as the Curriculum Collection. Items from the Curriculum Collection may be checked out for 2 weeks with no renewals.
How do I find a curriculum book in the library collection?
- On the Media Center's page, in the search box under the "Curriculum" tab, type your subject (e.g. mathematics). Click Search.
- On the Library's homepage, in the search box under the "Search the Library Catalog" tab, type your subject and the words "curriculum collection" (e.g. mathematics curriculum collection). Click Search.
OR, here are some ready made subject-specific lists of curriculum materials from our catalog!
How do I find a particular grade level once I have found my subject area in the catalog?
- Choose a title from the results list and click on it. One title may have many items connected to it - such as textbook, teacher's edition, big book, cd-rom program, puppets, etc. These items will be listed under Availability.
How is the Curriculum Collection shelved?
- The Curriculum Collection is organized by the Library of Congress Classification System on the 2nd floor in the Media Center. This groups textbooks in their subject areas.
How do I get curriculum materials in Cinco Ranch, Sugar Land or Katy?
- Find the items and grade levels you need in the online catalog.
- Fill out the information on the Interlibrary Loan form and submit it.
- Library materials will be sent to the library at your campus for pickup. Items should be returned at the same location.
How do I find manipulatives and other teaching materials?
- On the Media Center's page, in the search box under the "Curriculum" tab, type in your subject and the terms "manipulatives"(e.g. mathematics manipulatives).
- The results list should have some type of description (kit, game, model). Click on the title for a full list of items and what they are.